Thursday, March 24, 2011

dream epiphany

You all know about how much I love my chapstick, as described here, and how Matthew bought me a whole ton of chapsticks so we don't have I-lost-my-chapstick crisis all the time, and I bet that not a few people thought that I was a little obsessed.

But the other night I had this dream where there was a shortage of chapsticks at the stores, and there wasn't enough for everyone. It was crazy, there were people in lines at the store trying to get chapstick, but no one could get any more and people were really freaking out. However, I still had all 45 sticks of chapstick, and so not only did I have enough for myself, I started selling my sticks of chapstick to people for a huge profit. I was rolling in a ton of money, but then I had to start fighting off all sorts of desperate people who were trying to get at my chapsticks. It was intense.

Moral of the story is to always keep plenty of chapsticks in your storage, because you never know when a crisis may hit. Its not obsession, its emergency preparedness!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I read this entry aloud to my mother and her friend, because they were working and I was lazing about on the computer, and they laughed. I did too. It is funny.

On a mostly irrelevant note, we made hygiene kits for Japan in my stake, and the next day my ward had to go through and take out all the chapsticks, because they're not protocol. But I'd think they could use it.