Tuesday, March 29, 2011

i found my feet!

And I found my ankles! And my legs too!

So after delivering a baby I was totally expecting the swelling in my feet to go away right away. False. It actually got a ton worse (and they didn't even pump a ton of IV fluids in me in the hospital). My feet and ankles looked like this:

I know right?

Anyway, this morning I looked down and suddenly realized my normal looking feet, ankles, and legs are back! There is just the tiniest bit of swollenness left, but for the most part its gone.

To quantify a little bit how swollen everything was, in the last three days (the period during which the swelling subsided) I lost 13 pounds, and all of that was fluid. I'm not trying to be all like "look at how awesome I am dropping 13 lbs in 3 days" because I promise you there is still plenty of extra flesh and fat on me, I'm just amazed that there was basically a gallon and a half of water spread throughout my body.

Anyway, I'm glad my feet are back to normal size. Now I can wear shoes again!

1 comment:

Erica Hansen, MS, RD said...

I am so not looking forward to this. I'm glad you're feet are back!