Friday, March 11, 2011

cravings

Every once in a while someone asks me if I've had weird cravings during pregnancy. I don't really think so? I mean, there was a two week period during the first trimester where all I wanted to eat was a Subway sandwich every day, and then at one point a month or two later when I had a lot of deviled eggs three days in a row. A few times I've craved fries or ice cream or something, you know, in the I-absolutely-MUST-have-this-now sort of way. In general, what I've "craved" isn't anything crazy, usually its that I'll think of something or see a picture of something that looks good and make it that very day. However, I would say by far the "weirdest" pregnancy craving has come in the past few weeks, and it's not even food!

It's ICE!

I'm rapidly becoming addicted to eating ice cubes. I love it. When we've gone anywhere with an ice machine, I've filled up a glass with mostly just ice to eat. I'm freezing water bottles several times a day until they get to the point where its not completely frozen but there are chunks of ice inside that I can eat and chew. Love it. And apparently during labor/delivery all they let you eat is ice chips. It'll be ice heaven! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're adorable. I don't know anyone that actually admits to being excited for labor. The after party... yes... but not actual labor. I can't believe it is coming so soon! Good luck with everything!

AdrianneJayne said...

Wow! The time is quickly approaching! You look so cute pregnant and I can't wait to see your babe!!

Steve and Nicole said...

Stephanie! It's Nicole. I can't believe you are having a baby so soon! When I was pregnant people would tell me..."oh, it went by so fast!" I always though in my head...maybe for YOU, not for me!

I am so excited for you and I'll remember you in my prayers the next few days! Love you!!