Saturday, June 5, 2010

Baking with Stephanie

I like reading cooking or baking blogs; I find them stimulating, sometimes in the same way that I find art stimulating (although I must admit I'm not very artsy fartsy). For some reason, I feel like the people who have cooking blogs are Cooking Goddesses, even though I know many people just make recipes from cookbooks or other websites. At times I've wondered what life would be like with a cooking blog. Today I dip my toes in the water. I give you:  Caramel Bars

These babies are one of my favoritest treats. I really do quite enjoy them: they are a divine mixture of chewy and gooey. What's not to love?

 I only have one picture.

Here is the recipe:
2 c flour
2 c oats
1 c butter
1-1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 c heavy whipping cream
Mix all of these ingredients together, and press into a 9x13 greased pan. Bake ~15 minutes at 350, then remove from oven.

In microwave, melt:
1 package Kraft caramels (any kind work, I just think Kraft work the best)
3/4 c heavy whipping cream
Stir every 1-2 minutes until smooth, then pour over crust, return to oven, and bake another 15 or so minutes until it looks "set."(You can decide what that means)


DEVOUR!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Steph,

I must agree. I too love to read and attempt to make things from cooking blogs, websites, magazines, etc.

Here is a recipe for cheesecake brownies that has been a hit where ever I make them. Seriously, best brownies ever!

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/04/black-and-white-cheesecake-squares.html

Enjoy!

Janae said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure those caramel bars were amazing. Nice work, Steph.