Saturday, June 26, 2010

If only I was seven

These past two weeks Matthew and I have been volunteering at the Princess Festival. Its designed for little girls to come dressed up as princesses, go on an adventure and treasure hunt, meet all of the different Disney princes and princesses--and all of the proceeds are for a charity that helps people in Africa. Its been really fun. Matthew has been a prince most days, he's been part of the treasure hunt where girls get "fitted" for a shoe and if it fits then they are a true princess. Cute right? I've been making balloons, I'm the Balloon Fairy. Everyone who volunteers or is a vendor has to be dressed up in princess or fairy tale stuff, so you come into the place and its like you are in princess land. It all takes place at someone's private property in Lindon, and the place is amazing! Seriously its crazy awesome cool. When I first showed up there it blew me away. So I thought I would share some pictures:
Notice the little girls dressed up as princesses
You can sort of see the castle behind the playground. We didn't get an awesome picture of it.
A tower of the castle (and Rapunzel...)
This is "the ballroom." Crazy animal statues in front, can you see the gorilla on top of the house?
The inside of the ballroom. Seriously so awesome.
Sweet gazebo thingy
And of course, your favorite prince and balloon fairy

2 comments:

Gabe said...

LOVE the last picture of you and Matthew. You look stunning.

Emily D said...

I've been there before! but not for Princess week. I just went for a singles ward activity and we played on the toys... That is so fun that you get to volunteer there. Looks like a blast!