Monday, May 2, 2011

oops

Holy snap I just realized I have left out several desserts I made over the past few months that have been absolutely DIVINE. I don't know how this omission occurred--probably because I came across a recipe and decided to make it right away so it never made it onto the master list. To correct the error, here are the three delectable things I tried:

I made Cookies'n'Creme Cookies, which were cookies that had chunks of oreos, white chocolate chips, and oreo pudding mix in them.

I also tried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes, a decadent cupcake that was filled with a cookie dough filling and had a brown sugar based frosting on top.

Lastly, we made Caramel Brownies, which was simply a smooth caramel filling in between layers of rich brownie batter.

All three of these were really amazing desserts. The only thing that maybe was a downside were from the Cookie Dough cupcakes. Personally, I thought the actual cupcake was too much like a muffin than a cupcake. However, Matthew thought that the cupcake part was just fine--no complaints from him. I think though, the next time I make these (because there will be a next time) I'll probably just use a standard white cupcake recipe, but of course use the same filling and frosting recipe as in the original.

Seriously though, all of these were dang good treats. Matthew and I both would 100% recommend them.

No comments: