Sunday, May 8, 2011

just a little story

Today I was reminded of a really funny moment with my mother-in-law.

It was the spring of 2009. Matthew and I had just decided to get married, and I was down at his house visiting him. We weren't really telling anyone yet, but many of his siblings were getting pretty suspicious.

Towards the end of my visit, Matthew and I were in the computer room talking with his mom about something or another. One of his siblings came in and said lunch was ready, and so we started to get up to go eat, but Matthew's mom said "Matthew you go, Stephanie stay in here I want to talk to you." So, Matthew left and me and his mom conspicuously stayed in the room. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous about what the conversation between me and her was going to be. However, after the door was closed, Matthew's mom just leaned back and said, "Oh I didn't want to talk about anything, we're just going to sit in here for a while and get everyone good and curious about what's going on." So we just hung out for a few minutes and then came out to lunch. And just as predicted, several of Matthew's already suspicious and suspecting sisters were VERY curious about what this conversation was all about. And I just shrugged and smiled. Bahaha. Totally cracked me up and still makes me laugh to this very day.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

That is just like Aunt Kay. I love it!