Friday, May 6, 2011

Burgers and stuff

Yesterday evening I was hankering for a good hamburger, so Matthew and I went out to find one. (We also went out because we wanted to lull Natalie to sleep in the car.) We ended up going to Fuddrucker's, which neither of us had been to before. I think part of the reason it was our first time was because the name almost sounds like a bad word, you know?

Anyway, so I had no idea that Fuddrucker's had exotic hamburgers. I mean, a buffalo burger? An elk burger? What the...? Matthew was seriously considering getting one of their weird meat burgers, but in the end decided to get the One Pound Burger.

Again I'm just like what the... a whole pound of meat?? That is LOT of meat and is almost kinda gross. I mean, I like a good burger and all, but I'm all about the toppings and extras--the lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion. That's what makes a good burger great, a mon avis. Proportionally, you can't have too much meat. 

However, the One Pound Hamburger is just a warmup for the main event that will occur sometime later this summer. At some point, we are taking a road trip up to Rexburg to go to Big Jud's, which apparently serves The Big Jud, a burger the size of a large plate. Matthew went there with his dad once and according to him, "It was the BEST burger I've EVER had!" So yes we are taking a 4-1/2 hour road trip for the sole purpose of getting that hamburger (we'll do other stuff while we're there too). It's going to be legendary. After 4.5 hours, it better be!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

You know who lives on the way to Rexburg? We do! In case you need help finding something to do on your trip.

The Figgins said...

Been there, done that, it's not THAT great.

The Meyers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Meyers said...

Big Judd's is near my hometown! Maybe I can just bring one back for you sometime. :)