Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The funnest little daydream

A week or so ago, I had this fun little daydream where I was just going about my day, and eating food like normal, and every time I gave myself insulin, I went low. So, I turned my pump off. And then when I went to check my blood sugar later, I wasn't high, I was just in normal range. So I turned it on, but then I went low again... and basically I ended up keeping my pump turned off for the whole day, and my blood sugar never went high, even though I wasn't getting insulin, and this went on for a day or two, where I didn't even turn my pump on. So I went to the doctor and they tested me and my pancreas was making insulin again! Yay! And I became this medical phenomenon and I never had to poke myself again, I saved all this money on medical supplies and doctor visits, I didn't have to worry about developing crazy sauce bad complications... it was a fantastic daydream!

And then, seriously a day or two later, I almost thought it was coming true. Haha. Ok it's not. I'm as diabetic as ever. But, giving myself normal amounts of insulin for food made me go really low, so for a day or two I gave myself about 25% of what I would normally give myself for food, and it seemed like my blood sugars couldn't get above 105 (which is perfect). This lasted for like 4 or 5 days. In my own happy little world it was almost like maybe my pancreas is working again...! And then I was 295 one night (that's fairly high) and that bubble burst. haha. It's still sort of like it now, although I am giving myself more insulin, but I am experiencing blood sugars that seem to want to be in range instead of sometimes when they seem to want to go all over the place. (I swear they do it to spite me!) I like it. It's kinda fun!

So, probably about 3 weeks before this, I was supposed to go to the doctor cuz it had been 6 months and because my last A1C was a little higher than I'd like it to be... but I cancelled it, because I really don't like going to the doctors. My mom will certainly scold me for this, but what it makes me think is "see! I don't have to go to the doctor, I can do it myself!"

(Don't worry, I'll go to the doctor... soon-ish...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha - ANY REASON to skip the doctor - that's my girl!