Wednesday, March 10, 2010

For the love of vegetables

I am definitely in the right major. Yesterday I did this Grocery Store Tour that Dietetics does for student athletes. Nothing super fancy, we just point out different things in the store and give advice and tips and info about eating healthy on a budget to the athletes. BUT, when we got to the produce section, I just wanted to be 'like guys! this is so fun! Isn't all the fruit pretty? I just love getting vegetables. They're so delicious!'  but the athletes were like
so I refrained. I just get so excited about eating fruits and vegetables. Another case in point: on the latest Dietetics newsletter we got in dietetics, there was a recipe for Parmesan Zucchini Crisps (which happened to be low fat and low cal), and I thought it looked good so I made some for dinner one night. They were  DELICIOUS! Matthew ate one or two, and then I ate the rest (like 15). Two days later, I'm at school, and I'm like 'oh I'm craving those zucchini things' so I made some for a snack that afternoon. Sad? No. I'm just in the right major. Let's be real though, I got super excited about the bag of Cadbury eggs we got yesterday. LOVE them. Matthew hid them for me last night so I wouldn't eat the whole bag. I still don't know where they are...

3 comments:

megan said...

Recipe, please? I love zucchini.

Did Janae send you Cadbury eggs?

The Figgins said...

Yes. I want the recipe too!

Mamabug said...

Funny. I have eaten the zucchini coins and I really enjoyed them too. I didn't realized they were healthy - cool. I love Cadbury mini-eggs & the creme eggs. I try to avoid the Easter aisle because it is the only Holiday with all my favorite candies! One year my sister and I got 19 Cadbury Creme Eggs each for Easter. We really scored that time.