Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A detour: its just the scenic route

Well, this is rather old news, but I didn't get an internship. Although I wasn't too surprised, it was a really sad day. I was pretty crushed for a few days, but I'm feeling ok about it now. Saturday we had a dietetics banquet, and one of our teachers spoke and told about how didn't get accepted the first time she applied for an internship, and how devastated she was. But now, she is a rockin awesome professor and dietitian, and I think just hearing her talk about that made me feel better than anything else had all week. So it'll be good: I'll apply next year, and in the meantime I'll get a job that will give me good diet tech work experience to beef up my application. And we'll work on saving money, instead of spending the massive amounts I would be spending for an internship. 

And, fingers crossed, we'll hopefully be going on a vacation... to France. I have a one-track mind. This time we'd just go to southern France, an area that I have been dying to visit. French Riveria anyone? Don't mind if I do! However... the time that we could potentially go would be a bit expensive, so this trip might have to wait for a few more months. We shall see.

Speaking of which, I sneakily signed Matthew up for French 101 this summer. When I've suggested oh so sweetly that he should take the class, he gets this dubious look on his face and says "we'll see." Well, I looked online, and there were only 4 spots left in the class, so I just registered him (advantage of knowing all his passwords now!) I'm not saying he absolutely must take the class, I'm just ensuring that he has the opportunity to do so. hehehe.

1 comment:

becca said...

What a sneaky wife. Better hope he doesn't read your blog and find out too soon. :)