Monday, October 3, 2011

What We're Watching


I really was amazed with how much I loved this movie. When we rented it I did not have high expectations--I think I thought it was going to be cheesy/the shark attack would be super scary, neither of which was true. The acting, with maybe the exception of Carrie Underwood, was great and the message and story were so inspiring. Plus, the scenery was beautiful, it was clean, and it promoted Christian values and faith. Highly recommend.


Okay, I know this movie is almost ten years old, but this was the first time Matthew's seen it. At the end of the movie I ask, with great anticipation, what he thought of it.

"It was okay."

What??!! Just "okay"???? I don't think you understand. A Walk to Remember came out when I was just starting high school. I'm pretty sure I watched it a lot during my high school years, with my friends or YW in my ward, and we would all sob our eyes out. This was any teeny-bopper's dream come true. We'd drool over Shane West, we'd laugh, we'd cry, we'd sigh and grin cheesily and be all happy when bad boy turned into a sweetheart. We'd wish there'd be some stud of a guy that would defend us from the mean kids. Like I said, this movie has it all. And apparently Matthew just does not understand the pull of that to a 16 year old girl, and how awesome it makes this movie. Obviously.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha so true about "A Walk to Remember". When I went to see it at the movies for the first time with some of my friends, we walked out and got in the car and one of them just started sobbing! She had held it in the whole time because she didn't want to cry in the theaters and just let it all out once we were in the car. In-between sobs, she said, "No one is ever going to love me like that!" haha yes, that movie has some good memories with it! (Oh, and she is currently engaged to be married, so I think she did find her man to love her like that :)

Je.suis.Steph said...

Oh my gosh, Sarah, that is such a funny story! But yeah, exactly what I was talking about!