Monday, January 31, 2011

If only

If I could change one thing about me, I would either give myself better hair or make myself shorter. The making myself shorter thing is pretty obvious: hello, I'm really tall. While many people, especially the short people, think that it would be fantastic to be tall, and I've become much more ok with my height in the last few years, I want to be able to wear fantastically awesome high heels, without making myself 6'6". And without making myself taller than my handsome husband.

As for the hair thing, I have naturally very thin and wispy hair which makes it really flat and stringy. For the past several years, I've tried to rectify the problem by getting a perm.

Yikes. There. I said it. Secrets out.

If I can just get through the first 3 or 4 months of crazy curlies, the perm stays with me for at least a year and a half, just making my hair less thin/wispy/flat and a lot easier to do stuff with. Additionally, because it is so thin and wispy, the ends split like its nobody's business. I swear its worse than the normal person. Anyway, my ends were fried and since my mom was in town this past weekend, she gave me a haircut and lopped all of them off, taking a nice chunk of my hair with it. Well, the residual effects of the perm I think are pretty much gone, and so its wispy flat thin again, and now shorter which makes it worse, but to add insult to injury, the very next day after the haircut I was just looking at a chunk of my hair, and what do I see? Big ole split ends up the wazoo.

This is just not ideal. Even if the general population may or may not really notice, the whole thing drive me nuts!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I would not trade being tall. Of course I was so disappointed when I didn't reach 6 ft. Do you ever not really feel all that tall until you realize that you are like 6 inches taller than every other woman in the room? Sometimes it really surprises me when I realize my whole head is above theirs and I'm not even as tall as you.