Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Frumpty dumpty

Ok lets talk about maternity clothes for two seconds. I've reached the stage where, no matter how frumpty dumpty it feels, I need pants with the stretchy waistband. (Actually I love my stretchy waistband pants. They are super comfortable).

Anyway, I have a couple of pairs of pants and I bought a few shirts, although I have yet to need to wear the maternity shirts. But nary a skirt! I've gone to a bunch of stores, both thrift and department stores and Target, etc, and I swear, no skirts or dresses. (Although I have yet to go to DI. Maybe that's the solution??) I have exactly one pre-pregnancy skirt left that will sort of fit, but I've worn it 3 Sundays in a row (But those Sundays were all in different wards, so its totally legit), and the clock is ticking on it as well. 

So I'm just really confused. We live in Utah county. There are tons of pregnant girls here, as I have blogged about before, and probably oh like 90% of these girls go to church on a regular basis. Where are they finding skirts? Where are they hiding? Why can't I find them too??

2 comments:

The Figgins said...

For most of my pregnancy I just wore my old skirts below my belly and just made sure that the shirts were extra long . . . although you do eventually need something else. I'd try motherhood maternity. Most malls have them.

Francisco J. Darquea said...

I got a dress and a skirt from motherhood maternity-- they are definitely a little pricier than most, but they do have super cute clothes and dress clothes. Just convince your husband that you NEED these clothes! You can't go naked to church!
Also try online! Old Navy has a ton online and nothing in store. Same with Gap and Target.
I also wore my skirts unzipped with an extra long shirt for awhile- it worked but it wasn't as comfortable.
You can borrow my skirts if you'd like-- they're just boxed up waiting to be worn! They're about a size 8-10- one grey pencil skirt and one black knee length knit skirt.
Good luck!
Emily