Monday, January 17, 2011

I won't call it a resolution but...

Yesterday I felt the urge to look through one of my cookbooks again and mark a few recipes that sounded intriguing. Somewhere in between making lists of various food items/recipes and showing Matthew some of the things I had marked, Matthew had a suggestion-- that I make at least one new thing each week for the rest of the year. After a few moments of reflection, I decided that I liked the idea, so I'm gonna do it! (Don't judge, I like to cook)

Some general guidelines for this project are as follows:
1. What I make doesn't matter so much as long as it is a recipe or version of a recipe that I haven't made before.
2. I'm mostly going to try to do main dishes/side dishes sorts of things. Although there will definitely be  desserts and breads and appetizers and stuff in there too.
3. A slight amendment to my #1 point: The sorts of things that I want to try out are generally not three ingredient dishes--I want most of the things I try to be a little more involved than a casserole or putting some spices on a piece of chicken. (Not that those aren't tasty, just not the sort of things I'm going to be focusing on)
4. Oh hey turns out I'm going to have a baby in a few months! So obviously there will be a few weeks when nothing much will happen. Although, you never know, because if I have my mom out here with me for a while she may be up for trying some new stuff. The point is that we're not going to be unreasonable about fulfilling this during the end of March and beginning of April.
5. I may post some of the things we make if they are great successes or failures. We'll see how many make it up here. 

Anywho, I have a list of recipes from various cookbooks, blogs, friends and other sources that are just dying to be made. Here we go!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I like the idea. Definitely post the good ones and warn us of terrible ones.

Mallory said...

I love that! What a brilliant idea. And I love that you just casually mention that you're going to be having a baby. haha I love so much about you.