Monday, January 17, 2011

the way we roll

Yesterday during Sunday School we ended up in the Strengthening Marriage and Family class. For an introductory activity they passed out two pieces of chocolate per couple to the husbands in the class, with strict instructions that they were to keep them safe from the women. Apparently we're just not trustworthy with chocolate I guess. Haha. Anyway, at this point they made some sort of connection between no one likes it when you don't share the chocolate and one person has all the control over the chocolate in the relationship and then how would either of you feel if this was how the money/finances was managed, with one person having complete control.

Anyway, Matthew and I were kinda cracking up at this point because this is exactly what our relationship is like, at least in regards to a particular kind of chocolate: mini Cadbury eggs. I've written before about my love affair with mini Cadbury eggs, I believe. Anyway, with most treats and chocolate I have some degree of self control, but I swear it all goes down the drain when it comes to these chocolates. I'm pretty sure I could eat a whole bag by myself in a day or two. I know this because I've done it, and at that point we were just like,"Dang, I have no self control with these candies." So now we have a good system worked out. I give the bag of chocolate to Matthew, he hides it somewhere in bedroom or spare bedroom or wherever, and whenever I want some, I ask him to bring me a few. Maybe it sounds a little weird, but hey it makes my bag of candies last a whole lot longer this way. So it works.

The end.

1 comment:

The Figgins said...

I want my husband to do that for me but he thinks I'm retarded if I ask him to so we don't go there. You are a lucky girl to have your hubby do that for you.