Tuesday, February 8, 2011

sometimes its funner on the bandwagon

Ok guys so I've never been one for worshiping athletes or movie stars. I just don't. They are what they are, and usually they are a little too cocky for their own good, at least in my opinion. But I have to say that this year I am being swayed... at least a little bit...

If you're around Provo or follow BYU basketball even a little, you'll know I'm referring to Jimmer Fredette. For a long time I liked him a lot less just because everyone adored him so much. And I still think he can be a ball hog,  can try to draw the foul instead of making a smarter play, and play some lazy defense at times, and I don't think he is attractive at all, but ok ok ok... he's dang good. And I love that he's helped BYU be ranked at #9 and is giving us a good shot during March Madness.

And lets face it, the Jimmermania is really catchy. I mean, who can't get caught up in chanting "you got jimmered" in the marriot center after a fantastic game? I came across this today and spent a good 25 minutes reading every last post. So so so hilarious. I laughed out loud more times than I care to admit. Check out both links:  This one refers to a letter to the editor in BYU's newspaper. This one is an espn story about it.

No comments: