Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Calling all suggestions

After hearing several family members recommend it, Matthew and I bought "The Hunger Games." And... I read it suppppper fast. There are three reasons for this:
1. I read fast
2. It was a good book
3. I love to read, and I haven't read a book for fun in sooooo long!

It's been so long since I've actually read a book for my own enjoyment, I was hit with how much I love to read. However, my book collection is at home, and I don't really know of a lot of good books. Basically, the good books I'm aware of, I've read. Soooo...

Would anyone like to share with me some of their favorite books? I'm all ears!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

The Book Thief
Cutting for Stone
The Help
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Kite Runner
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
I Am the Messenger
The Time Traveler's Wife
Three Cups of Tea

Steph...any and all of these books will change your life! Some are hilarious, others are sensitive and beautiful, all are amazing reads!! I loved them all.

The Meyers said...

Hard Question. Depends completely on what you like. My husband loves fantasy = Robert Jordan series and a book called Elantris. I love Legal Thrillers = John Grisham. I like a little SciFi = Enders Game and Enders Shadow. The Power of One is the best book I've read, and a fabulous movie. I just read a few Jane Austens (Price & Prej, Sense & Sensibility) and enjoyed them. I've been recommended to Fable Haven by a few people recently...

Anhara said...

Come browse my book shelves while you out here this weekend.

becca said...

You of course need to read Catching Fire. I've read some of Audrey's suggestions and liked them. Brandon Sanderson is a good fantasy author. The Fablehaven series is pretty good. It depends what you like.

The Figgins said...

The Warrior Heir series is good. I also like anything by Sonnenblick.

Heather said...

If you want Amish romances, read any Beverly Lewis book....

The Quilter's Apprentice series by Jennifer Chiaverrini is entertaining. Not deep, but a quick read.

The Cross Gardener was interesting

If you want to get political there is always the 5000 year leap,,Liberal Fascism, and America Alone

1776 by David McCullough is good, it isn't political, just historical, I have it.