Sunday, January 17, 2010

...and then I found 20 dollars.

So, I really feel like the past two or three days have given me so much blog-worthy material. I almost don't know where to begin.

So, Friday, turned in my application for BYU's dietetic internship. Now I just have to stress about the interview next Friday... I think my application is strong though, and I'm sure I'll do fine with the interview. Matthew said he'd help me prepare. Turning in that application was such a huge stress relief off my shoulders.

Friday night, we saw 2012 at the dollar theater. Overall, I thought it was good, a bit traumatic at some spots, just because it's was pretty intense, but good. There were some interesting overtones to the movie too, but I don't really feel like getting into all that right now. That's not the interesting part of this story. The interesting part is how I love popcorn, and I really felt like eating movie-theater popcorn during the movie, but it's really expensive, of course, so Matthew and I just popped a bag at home and brought it with us (we bring treats into movies a lot, in my big purse...), but it really wasn't hitting the spot, especially because it was kinda wierd tasting kettle corn stuff, which is ok sometimes, but just not what I wanted. Anyway, so at the end of the movie, we were one of the last people to leave the movie theater, partly in fact because we were in the very front row, because for some reason or another we just cannot make ourselves get to movie theaters early enough to get good seating, ever. Well, maybe a few times. Anyway, we're walking out, and we passed a seat that had almost a WHOLE TUB of popcorn sitting on the seat. You know, one of the biggest tubs you can buy, with only a little bit eaten from the top. Well, Matthew and I noticed that, and then we were really awkward talking about it as we walked past, and then got to the exit of the movie theater, and turned around and walked back and took it with us! We did. And I'm so glad too. It was sooo delicious. And there was so much! We were so happy.

Oh, so, then, earlier on Friday, we had picked up our bike from my aunt! My parents bought Matthew a bike for Christmas, and it got delivered to Walmart in Lehi and my aunt picked it up, and so we picked it up in the box from her house on Friday, so after the movie, Matthew put together the bike, while I watched and ate popcorn. We have a bike! It's so fantastic. And exciting. Now Matthew can give me rides. For those of you that don't know, Matthew is a hunk of a man. When we were dating, and he had his old bike that got stolen, I would sit on the seat of the bike and hold on while he would stand up and pedal. And he would do that up hills. That is intense!



We are really excited about the bike.

Now, Saturday morning, we were going to go run some errands, and we decided that we would actually mail off a big stack of thank yous from our wedding that we had written in October, but never mailed because of addresses or... something... and the other day we got a thank you from Matthew's sister Megan, just for some little treats we gave her for Christmas, and I was like oh boy we are lame, let's get these mailed out. So, we got them all addressed, and were looking for some stamps, and Matthew was like, you know, I feel like we never used the stamps that Nathan (Matthew's brother) gave us for our wedding. So he goes into our bedroom and looks through the stack of cards we have from our wedding, and then I hear him go "ahhh yeahh wahoo zlehteiigheewllll! So, naturally, I want to see what's so exciting, and I come in and Matthew's like, so, in addition to the stamps, we also found $100 and a gift card to Smith's!!!! As if it wasn't exciting enough getting these gifts once! So basically, fantastic morning.

Then, in the afternoon, we went and test-drove a scooter! So, there is a story behind this too. This actually was my Christmas present - Matthew said we'd get a scooter. But then we got back and paid all the bills and I was like uh I don't know about that. Then, this week, Matthew and I were walking to school together, and we were just a little bit late, but we started scooter talking and figured out how we could get some extra money (we cashed in the big coin collection Matthew's been keeping, Matthew is participating in a study, we got some cash back from our Discover card, etc) and decided we could do it!

So we found a sweet looking scooter on ksl.com, and test drove it, and talked the guy down $75 and got a really good deal, and we are now the proud owners of a cool blue scooter! Pictures to follow...

1 comment:

Megan said...

after you found 20 dollars, were you attacked by a bear? that would have been really sad.

i'm glad you were able to find a scooter!