Saturday, April 18, 2009

Decisions

Nothing is as constant as change. I am discovering more and more how incredibly accurate that statement really is. I feel, especially recently, like my best laid plans are all too often shifted and switched and rearranged. Lets take my plans for this spring, for example.

First, the I-don't-know-exactly-what-I'm-doing-with-my-life-this-spring thing.
Then, the I'm-so-broke-I-need-to-go-home-to-save-money thing. I'll work at the bakery again. I've sworn to myself that I'm not working there again, but... well I can handle anything for 2 months.
Then the NO-NO-NO-I-can't-go-home-I-don't-like-going-home thing. I'll just stay in Provo and work. Get a job.
Then actually looking for a job. Early morning custodial? Yeah baby.
Then, the oh-wait-I-could-get-an-actually-good-job-in-Minnesota. And save money. And see the fam.
So I'm guess I'm going home? Uh, ok.

So I make the final decision. I'm going home. It's for sure. Then, the other day, I get an email from the Dietetics department about being a grader for independent study Nutrition 100 classes this summer. Because I was one of the most consistent graders this year, they offered the job to me first. They OFFERED a job. I can't do it, because I'm going home. And I'm going home to hopefully a better job, but still, the fact that I got offered a job and can't take it is a little, can I say, frustrating.

1 comment:

Alett Osorio Rueda said...

The only thing I know is that I don't know.
- Aristotle