Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Coming back

I spent the past 5 or so days in Kansas with Matthew. Kansas looks a lot like Minnesota. And Matthew is just fabulous. Basically... it was a great trip. I miss that boy.

Let me paint a picture. My mom and Nathan pick me and Jonathan up from the airport. We wrestle with inordinate (is that even a word? I feel like I may have made it up) amounts of traffic coming home, but finally we pull into the driveway, where my dad is standing on the porch next to next to Aaron, Ryan and Andrew, and Andrew is standing in front and holding his trumpet. As we get out of the car, Andrew starts playing some sort of fanfare. Yes, a trumpet fanfare. And then we hug everyone like 5 times. And then we walk into the house, where Ryan and Andrew (I think) decorated the entryway with streamers and signs that said stuff like "you dude and dudette rock" and "we missed you guys" and then "welcome bake home" which was above a plate of cookies. get it... get it...??

And Nathan still adores me. SUCCESS! And Andrew thinks I should just not work and play with him all day. I woudn't be opposed to that idea.

I have not unpacked yet. Nor do I have any desire at this time to really unpack. I slept in until 12:30 today. Don't judge, I'm just making up from a semester's worth of sleep deprivation.

I just bought my plane ticket to Paris. It's actually a pretty sweet deal. My parents helped me out a little bit. They had some frequent flyer miles, about 30,000, and apparently there is some sort of promotion going on with Northwest right now where if you tranfer miles to someone else's account, the miles double. And with those 30,000 now turned 60,000 miles, I have enough to get a flight. I'm just paying my parents the cost of the transfer, which is significantly less than just buying a flight would be. So now, everything is in place, there should be nothing left in my way between me and France.

No comments: