Sunday, December 28, 2008

If music is the food of love, play on.

Ok Christmas this year was freakin awesome. Seriously. So, this year, my parents gave me a flute. A NICE flute. I've been playing on the same one I used when I was just barely starting, in 5th grade. It works, but lets just say I just can't get any better on it. This new flute is... oh its pretty. Since, oh probably my sophomore and junior year of high school I've looked at nice flutes, either from the salespeople who came by the band room, or my friend's instruments, or whatever. This new flute, the tone is so much warmer, its easier to stay on pitch, vibrato sounds better, high notes come out so much clearer, tonal quality is great, especially when I am doing crescendos/ decrescendos it's easier to maintain a good tone. I'm basically in love.

My parents said that they are gonna buy me some good music too, so I'll have some stuff to play. And playing this new flute the past couple of days really makes me want to play in an orchestra. In high school, we just had band, no orchestra option, but I know there is a University Orchestra at BYU. Non-audition, just for whoever wants to play their instrument. So I want to sign up for that. Problem is that there are no flutes spots open. I think I'm just gonna go on the first day of class and try to add it. And keep checking to see if flute spots open up.

Unrelated to music: I want to know my grades now! It's so frustrating having to wait for weeks after the end of finals to know what I did. I just want them to be posted so I can stop checking 50 times a day, and stop worrying about how I did.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Twelfth Night, baby. (Right?...) Love that one. Very exciting about your flute!! I want to hear to play sometime!