Saturday, December 20, 2008

Finals, finals finals.

Finally, finals are over! Every year, about a week or two before finals, I just get really sick of school and don’t want to do anything. And from what I’ve heard, I think that’s pretty normal. This year was worse than normal though. The last two weeks of school before finals, wow, I just don’t know what happened. I had about zero motivation to do anything. I mean, I did the bare minimum to get by… barely… but that’s about it. Finally, then, the day right before finals started, the last day of reading days, I asked for a blessing. It was exactly what I needed, as soon as the blessing was over, I got up and was just like ok well time to study, and I was able to buckle down and get a good 5 or so hours of studying in that day.

I learned a lot this school year. One of those things was how to study. I realize that if I studied a little bit every day for my difficult classes, studying for midterms was more like a concentrated review instead of cramming, and studying for finals was more like a brushup instead of relearning everything. Maybe that’s a really basic strategy, and even though I knew it and used it before, this semester was the first time that I actually really embraced it. :)

I think the class I’m the most excited for to be over is pathophysiology. Yikes. It takes a whole breath just to say the name. It has been one of the most difficult classes I have taken to date, and the tests were… yeah definitely the hardest I’ve had to take. It seems like I was ALWAYS studying for that class. I think my friends would agree. The light in Christina and mine’s room always buzzed, and it drove us nuts, so we always did our homework out in the kitchen or living room. Thus, since the guys, David, Abe and Carlos, pretty much lived in our apartment too, I swear whenever David would ask me what I was studying… the reply was always: patho.

But now its over. hallelujah!


It snowed about 8 inches today. It looks like Christmas :) The high for tomorrow is about 2 degrees fahrenheit. Good ole Minnesota.

No comments: