Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Film Review

So last night I watched the Dark Knight with Oceane, Christina, Gina, and David, and overall, I did not like the film. Ok, the special effects were awesome, the acting was very good, and Batman is hot, yes, but, in my opinion, the film was way too dark. I figure that when I get done with a movie and I just feel kinda sick and gross inside, well thats a pretty good indication that the movie was not a good one. Yes it was thought- provoking, this is true, discussing and showing whether people are intrinsicly good or intrinsicly bad, or the way that people think, these things were all very well done. But what pushed me over the line in terms of deciding whether or not I liked it, and whether or not I would recommend it, was that I felt, like many horror movies, it glorified evil and sadistic-ness. Not exactly my kind of movie.

However, me and Christina and Oceane are in the middle of watching A&E's Pride and Prejudice. For the past few days we've been watching chunks of it every night until we fall asleep. We've dragged our mattresses into the living room and have just left them there during the day. We have some Christmas lights up, so we all like sleeping under them.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

So I'm totally stalking you, Steph. That's right. :) Saw you had a blog, so of course I had to check it out! Hope that's okay. Totally agree on the Dark Knight. Didn't see it, but saw the previews and thought it was way too dark. No thanks for me! But P&P, come on. That sounds like so much fun! Hope finals went well for you!