Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lists

If you are all going to be my blog-stalkers, you have to know something about me.

I love LOVE love making lists.


Here is a list of a few reasons why I love lists so much:
1. I love organizing and being organized. Making lists ensure that I don't forget anything. Side story: When I was younger, living at home I used to rearrange my room every couple of months. Pretty sure a big reason was because rearranging room basically = reorganizing everything!

2. Related to being organized... I can sub-list my lists! Or in other words, I make a shopping list, I make another list categorizing my list by sections of the store. I make a packing list, I categorize by what room I can get stuff from. I make a to-do list, I categorize by priority. Why make just 1 list when you could make 2?!?

3. Lists give my life meaning and direction. They make me feel accomplished. Or rather, crossing off stuff on my list makes me feel uber accomplished. (Never mind that the things crossed off on my list today were "go on walk with Natalie" "do dishes" "call doctor" and "pay bills" and it takes less than 2 hours to do them all. I crossed off 4 things therefore I am awesome.)

4. I make lists when I'm excited for something that's going to happen.. For example, I make a list of things to pack or things to do at a vacation destination when I'm excited to travel. I make grocery lists when I'm excited to eat something. Etc... etc...etc...

5. Lists increase the chances of me getting things done. Pretty sure that I am about 87% more likely to read my scriptures when its on my to-do list. (So I don't always read my scriptures every day. Don't judge. It's on my list of things to improve on :) )


...I might need help. But it's just so much fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally agree! Isn't it just SO satisfying to check things off your to-do list! I also LOVE post-its! Don't know what I would do without sticky notes.

PS: It was so fun to see you and your beautiful little Natalie!