Sunday, July 24, 2011

I'm just a proud sister

Guys, I am so proud of my little brother Aaron:
He just graduated from high school. What makes this even that much better is that he graduated from high school, completed all the requirements, and did very well... despite the fact that he has autism. He's basically amazing, and really an inspiration to me.

He has made SO MUCH progress since he was diagnosed at three years old. He's always had a milder case of autism, but he still has overcome so much and learned so much, it's really amazing to see what a great boy he has become. In talking to him or looking at him today you would never guess he has any sort of challenge. He still has his struggles--learning and comprehension are still difficulties for him but overall he's just doing awesomely.

These are some of the things that I think are great about him. (It's a list!)
  • He's hilarious. Really, he is incredibly funny.
  • He will chat with me when I call home or come to visit. How many boys, much less teenage boys in general, much less boys with autism, will chat with their sisters on the phone?
  • He's a stud. I mean seriously, look at that picture!
  • He has a job as a lifeguard at the YMCA
  • He is kind and really cares about other people. He's just a sweetheart.
  • He is an AMAZING singer. He has an absolutely beautiful voice and is very, very talented with music.
  • He has a strong testimony and bears it very powerfully.
  • He's a great teacher--he goes out teaching with the missionaries frequently.
  • He just finished being on the Work Crew at the Hill Cumorah Pageant--they treat it kind of like a mini-mission. The Work Crew sets up the stage for the Pageant, runs all the lights, sounds and special effects. They also proselyte before the show. 
  • He's working on submitting his papers to go on a mission. 
I really love my little brother!

    No comments: