Monday, October 18, 2010

one fine day

Hey all! About a week ago Matthew skived off school a little early and we hiked up to Squaw Peak via Rock Canyon. There are exactly three things I would like to say about this hike:

1. Can I blame that I felt significantly more out of shape hiking compared to several months ago on the fact that I'm pregnant? Never mind the fact that I'm not really showing or anything. Or maybe it has more to do with how I haven't legitimately exercised consistently in a few months. What a gong show.
2. I was surprised at what a beautiful hike the Squaw Peak trail was. For some reason I thought it would all be rocky and gravely the whole way up. False. Once you turn off of rock canyon, you go from a wide, rocky trail to a much narrower dirt trail in the woods among color changing trees. Gorgeous.
Never mind the fact that there is a leaf in my hair. Matthew thought it would be hilarious to make me like Daisy-head Maisy or whatever it is. Also ignore how I look like I'm stoned.. or something.
 3. Turns out the summit of Squaw Peak trail is not the same place as the infamous makeout spot (if you ever say you're going to squaw peak with someone of the opposite gender in Provo, be prepared for some comments about your extracurricular activities.) But seriously, the summit was right at the precipice of the mountain. You kinda felt like if you sneezed at the right spot, you might just blow yourself down the side.

That's all for now!

1 comment:

The Figgins said...

1st trimester makes you tired therefore athletic feats school make you more tired, right?