Sunday, September 19, 2010

a shopping (mis)adventure

Back in July I bought a shirt for about $10 at Forever 21. As an aside, I have to say that that store has really gone downhill the past few years. I remember it having some fantastic clothes back in high school... now its just all kinda skanky.

But in July I did see a shirt that I liked, and so I bought it, but I am my mother's daughter and a couple of days later decided that I really didn't want to keep it after all. Unfortunately, Forever 21 has an exchange only policy. Matthew ended up returning  it for me, but called me from the store and said he found some guys jeans that looked good and also happened to be $10. The guys dressing room was closed, but we figured if they didn't work we would just return them again.

Later that day, I asked him to model the jeans for me. You can imagine his surprise/embarrassment and my amusement when it turns out that Matthew had just bought some tight skinny boy jeans. Bahahahaha. I really really wish that Matthew had let me take a picture, but there was no way he was letting me near a camera with those jeans on. Too bad.

To make this story even better, it turns out that Forever 21 enforces a 3 week exchange window--after 3 weeks there's no going back. I guess in the midst of moving and the end of classes and such we forgot to go back and exchange them... which means that we still have Matthew's skinny boy jeans in the closet of our spare room. *Giggle* The funny reminder every time I see the bag is very much worth the $10 of clothing that won't be worn. Maybe I can convince him for Halloween...??

2 comments:

Janae said...

Hahaha....that is awesome.

The Meyers said...

Bahahaha, that is SUPER funny. How can guys not even try on jeans, anyway? :) Agreed about that store though. Used to LOVE it. Now just skanky.