Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A better deal than $4 generics

Most of the time I, like I'm sure pretty much everyone else in the country, do not have particularly fond feelings towards prescription drug companies. Sure we all really appreciate the meds because we need them, but who likes paying an arm and a leg, and maybe even selling your firstborn child in order to pay for it? Yeah, me neither.

However, lately I think I have to admit I admire drug companies in one particular case. The BYU student health plan does not cover any prescription drugs. Zero. I know, its crazy good coverage right?? Anyway, for people like me, who needs insulin to live, or Matthew, who has his meds every day, that could get really expensive really fast.

Thankfully BYU has the Student Assistance Program. If you don't make much money, you can get all of your prescription drugs... for FREE. Well, actually we pay $25 a year for the application to the drug companies, but then we get all the insulin we need for the next year. Can you say lifesaver?

I take my hat off to you, drug companies.

No comments: