Sunday, August 15, 2010

Wanted: Camping terrain

Within the past several days/week or so of blogstalking, I've become aware that everyone and their dog is going camping this summer. I want to go camping! Here's the thing, though. Raised in Minnesota, I have some expectations for camping that don't necessarily have to be met during a Utah camping experience, but 'twould be nice. Here we go:
1. Camping someplace pretty (not saying that Utah isn't pretty... just laying some groundwork)
2. Camping near trees. I just can't quite wrap my mind around camping in the desert. Like, barren wasteland camping. At least not at the present. However, of all the requirements, this is probably the one I'm most lenient on.
3. Camping near water. Be it a stream or lake, I love water stuff. Since I'm from Minnesota, basically anywhere you go you're near a lake or stream.
4. The possibility of a shower. I know, I know, you're thinking "city girl" but there you go. I would love to not be nasty.
5. Camping somewhere where we can make a fire. Apparently sometimes you can't make fires in Utah. Of all the requirements, this is definitely the most important. A campfire is a MUST.

Anywhere in a 5 hour or so radius around Provo is an option. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

cheryl said...

I think you should add flush toilets to your list. :) You guys should just come out here & go camping. There are lots of fun spots. Little Sahara is south & was kinda fun. I bet there are some cool places up Provo Canyon or Heber.

Heather said...

I am trying to think where we have even gone camping in Utah....We camped at Bryce Canyon. It is a beautiful place. There are flush toilets in the visitors center anyway. Don't know about showers, if you only stay one night, you don't get too nasty. Water might not be there. But it is a gorgeous place.

We went to City of Rocks, Iit is in Idaho) no shower. Trees, I think there were some streams we crossed as we hiked.


You could camp at Bear Lake. It is an awesome lake to play in, even without a boat.

Doug is the camping expert, you should talk to him.