Friday, August 13, 2010

Any excuse is a good one

Monday was a big day. First off, it was my LAST DAY OF CLASSES! woot. So happy about that one. I'm not sad to say that the undergraduate college chapter of my life is over. Well, maybe a little sad. It was a good time, but I am ready to be moving on.

So I bet you're thinking, what could possible make this day even bigger? Well, duh, it was Rollover Day. Don't know what Rollover Day is? It brings even more definition to my dad's philosophy of "any excuse for a party." A little bit over a year ago, my dad was digging through old pictures and memorabilia at his parent's house, and he came across his baby book. He found a picture of him with the entry: August 9th: Pat's first time rolling over. Well this is a big deal, people. We obviously have to celebrate! Last year marked the first Rollover Day Celebration. There was rolling down the hill races, stick-and-wheel races, bike races, and we ate everything round. This year for the festivities my family went bowling, and of course ate many round things.

Can you even imagine the significance of having my last day of classes on Rollover Day? The symbolism of rolling over a new page, or rolling forward in life was not lost on me and my dad. Suffice it to say...big deal.

No comments: