Friday, October 2, 2009

I seriously go to the doctor way too much

So, let's just say that this week has been just a bit frustrating. Let's start with today. Today Matthew went with me to the doctor, and the doctor ordered an EEG for me. An EEG, or electroencephalography, measures brain waves and activity. It's going to be an interesting test, I think. It's on Tuesday at 8:40am, and I have to go in sleep deprived. So they told me that Monday night I should go to bed at midnight and wake up at 4am, and stay awake until after the test is over. yikes.

Why am I getting an EEG? Well about 2 weeks ago, while I would be trying to fall asleep, my body would twitch every so often. More than just the random leg spasm things that happen sometimes. It wasn't too bad.

But then it started getting more frequent, many times a night, and getting more intense, where it felt like my body was spasming or convulsing for a second. But it usually just lasted a second.

It's just been getting worse. I'm at the point now where a couple times a night I full out shake and convulse and hyperventilate for 30-45 seconds sometimes, and I can't control it, and I spasm very frequently. My body feels all on edge, and tense. I try to breathe slowly and relax, let my body settle down, but it only helps for a few minutes. Then I spasm or convulse or whatever you want to call it again.

This usually just happens at night, when we're going to bed, or lying down watching a movie. But lately its started to happen occasionally during the day. There has been several nights when the only way I've been able to fall asleep is after Matthew has given me a priesthood blessing. Which can I say, it is so nice to that I have Matthew, and don't have to deal with this with roommates. Roommates aren't so prone to hold you and take care of you and wake up in the middle of the night to calm you when it happens and help you get anything you need.

So, uh yeah. It's been making me get less sleep this week, and I can't really control what's going on. So it's a little frustrating. Kinda crazy eh? So, we'll see what happens on Tuesday...

3 comments:

mommykay said...

You are in our prayers. How frustrating to have all this go on. We love you.

Laura Rytting said...

Is this just your way of getting out of the balloon animals at our pack meeting? But seriously, I hope you are okay and get to the bottom of this soon. You are in our prayers.

Mamabug said...

Yikes! Tonight is the night of sleep deprivation - good luck to you both. Do you think you will play some long games that takes hours to win? How about Cities & Knights?