Sunday, June 28, 2009

Read at your own discretion

This is a post I have been anticipating for several days now. I have some very exciting, noteworthy news!

I lost my big toenail today!

Yup, after weeks of it dying, and ripping, and after days of it hanging on by only a few threads, it is finally off!
Now I realize that a fair percentage of people may be wondering what in the world possessed me to want to write a post, and heaven forbid put up PHOTOS of such a thing, but, hey I think its pretty cool. Actually, I could not contain my excitement when it finally came off.

It started when about half of the toenail turned yellow and died. Then the rest of the toenail died when it got stepped on or ripped.
This is how its been for a long time.


Today, I got it to move this far! Ok, this picture may or may not have been taken during sacrament meeting, using my cell phone. I could feel the nail being moved around a lot against my shoe, and so I used one hand to wiggle the nail, all while listening to the talks. No one even knew it. I could tell that the end was in sight, and that my nail wasn't gonna stay on for much longer, and since this is such a momentous occasion, I did discreetly click a picture of it with my phone.

Finally, during the last verse of the closing hymn, it came off! And my brothers were so intrigued that they passed it up and down the bench (just with our family.)

Also, apparently some sort of wanna-be nail has been growing underneath the old one. It's not a "real" nail, but it is rather hard. There isn't just flesh and skin, that's all I'm saying.

Just a comparison of wacked up toe and normal toe.


So, I also took some pictures of the removed toenail, however... they won't upload to the computer. Wierd. But I assure you, it just crazes me out.

4 comments:

Mamabug said...

So do you think you will paint your toe nails for the wedding? Even the "wacked out" one?

Oceane Isabelle said...

um..slightly gross and I must admit, an original post. I like it!

rick and cheryl said...

Lovely. I had that happen to my thumb once upon a time. It's never been the same since.

Je.suis.Steph said...

Tiffani - I hadn't thought about painting my nails. I can't even remember the last time I've done that. Although, its a valid option. Do people even look at your feet though, is what I wonder.

Cheryl - That's actually really exciting. I didn't notice though, when we were both in Kansas. Granted, I wasn't realllly paying attention. You should show me in August! I wonder if mine will never be the same. That would be very cool, I think.