Sunday, June 14, 2009

Us

Matthew and I first met on his mission, he was serving as a missionary in my home ward, and I was home for a month or two in the summer. Basically we became aware of each other's existence when he was on his mission. The following January, when we were both back in school at BYU, he saw my profile picture I had up on facebook. I had told one of my friends that if he would let me borrow his blue sweater over Christmas break, I would take a picture with it in front of the giant snowman by my house.
This is the picture I posted on facebook.
Matthew saw this picture, and started talking facebook chatting with me. We started talking a lot, hung out a few times, went on a date or two, and thats how we started dating. So, in a way, you could say that this oversized snowman brought us together. Aww, how romantic...?



L'amour


We look like we're about to get beamed up.




Matthew was so excited this weekend that he decided to play a fanfare on his trombone.

2 comments:

The Figgins said...

there is something so corny about using the social websites in dating but my husband and I looked at pics of each other on myspace and emailed through there when we got together, neither of us will use that site anymore but it was definitely part of the dating story . . . I wonder what our children will say about it someday.

Mamabug said...

So Nora (your soon to be niece) wanted to know if you built that snowman yourself? Don't worry I already told her that I didn't think you did.

Congrats - you are a gorgeous couple only second to me and my hubby! Thanks for sharing the stories and pictures - I love those kind of details.

Have a great flight!