Wednesday, August 3, 2011

You know it's been a rough day when...

--You get less than 4 hours of sleep before the return flight home
--Delta looses your bag
--You get home and the plate of cookies your HT left is covered on the doorstep is covered in ants (gross)
--The baby won't take a nap so you can too
--You go to take a shower, there is a nasty sauce dead spider on the inside shower curtain and when you try to shake it off the whole rod and curtain fall down, and the spider stays on
--When you get out of the shower you can't find your comb
--The baby is crying. Again.
--You go to the store to get some food and stuff. When you get home, two cars have spread out to take up the four parking spots in front of the house so you have to park forever away from the house
--Your husband calls and says that his 4pm flight was delayed till 9pm.
--Your husband also says he could have bumped to a 6:30 flight and gotten a free ticket voucher, but didn't cuz he couldn't get a hold of you to check if I was okay with it you so he didn't and now is on a later flight with no voucher
--Your baby starts screaming cuz she's so tired, and the only way she'll be happy is to be swung in the carseat, and your muscles aren't big enough to swing the 50 pound carseat non-stop, so she keeps screaming.
--Your husband calls at 9:45pm to say that his flight was delayed another 45 minutes and they are just leaving.
--You get in the car to drive to the airport to pick up your hubby. Somehow while putting on the seatbelt it catches the tubing of your pump and rips the infusion site of your insulin pump off your body.
--You encounter a 25 minute construction delay on the highway, at 11:15 at night.

Yup, it just wasn't my day yesterday.

The good news is that eventually the baby fell asleep, eventually later Delta found my bag, eventually my husband arrived, because traffic was at a standstill for a while I could give myself a shot on the freeway, and while giving his professor (have I mentioned she's French?) a ride home from the airport, we talked in French for like 30 minutes. It was awesome.

4 comments:

Steve and Nicole said...

I can't even believe that all happen to you in ONE DAY! And knowing you, I bet you handled it better than anyone :) We are flying next week. I'm so nervous! Natalie is getting so big and adorable! I love the picture of her and her cousin matching, so sweet. And I've been thinking....I'm trying to learn more about photography and the best way to learn is practice. right? So if you and your cute family are up for it, I'd love to take your pictures when we get back at the end of August! I'm still learning and don't even own an editing program but the whole point is to practice so if you are up for it, I'd love to do your family! Let me know, miss you!

Steve and Nicole said...

And ps I'm not thinking about starting a business of anything ha....this is just for my own knowledge! And obviously it's free

Shelley said...

Oh goodness, what a day!!! It can only get better from here, right? :)

becca said...

Sorry to tell you, you'll have plenty more of those days. But the good days make up for them (although it doesn't always feel that way at the time).