Sunday, May 17, 2009

The still, small voice

I have no voice. This is how it went down:

Friday morning I woke up with a sore throat, cough, stuffy nose, headache, neckache - basically everything from the neck up was not feeling awesome. I was fairly concerned about this because I was supposed to work during the day Friday, and then do balloons for 3 hours Friday night and 4 hours Saturday morning. However, I took some meds, dad gave me a Priesthood blessing, and I actually ended up feeling pretty well during work, and then was able to do the balloon gig that night.

Friday evening I went to bed rather late, and got up rather early Saturday to go do the 4 hour balloon gig. I was feeling fine when I started working at 9am, however, by 9:30-10:00 my throat started to feel kinda scratchy, and definitely by 10ish I was very hoarse. Jonathan so lovingly described it as "You sound like a smoker Steph". Awesome. So I finished the balloon gig, all hoarse, and went home, and throughout the day I just got progressively hoarser. My brother's thought it was great.

I thought that after sleeping for a night, my voice would be better in the morning. But, this morning (Sunday morning) I woke up, and had... absolutely no voice. I can whisper. And that is all.

Ok, I do think that it is kinda funny. Yesterday half my words came out as random squeaks. The funniest part, though, is today sometimes when I'm talking/whispering to people, they will inadvertently start whispering back. Bahaha.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you found your voice....they're tricky things running off and leaving you to whisper you way around....teehee... Have fun in KS!