Wednesday, March 4, 2009

blood, blood everywhere...

So I was just sitting on my couch, and I decided I should check my blood. So my roommate's boyfriend, John, watches me prick my finger, and is like oh my gosh you're pricking your finger. And then he asked me if the first time I checked my blood it totally freaked me out. And I told him that, probably yes, the first time I was probably freaked out, but that was a long time ago. So then we decided to figure out approximately how many times I've pricked my finger.

Keep in mind, this is an approximation.

I was diagnosed right after I turned 9. So I've had diabetes for about 11.5 years.
11.5 years x 365 days per year = 4197.5
I check my blood, on average, probably 5 times a day. Sometimes more times, sometimes less, but we'll say on average about 5 times a day.
4197.5 days x 5 times a day = 20,988
I have pricked my finger at least almost 21,000 times in my life.
If I live to be 80, I'll have pricked my finger almost 130,000 times.

Hm. Not bad.

No comments: