Thursday, July 22, 2010

The tables are turned

In high school your parents and leaders were constantly reminding you that just because everyone else is doing is doesn't mean you should too. Well at BYU we sing to a little different tune. It's more like: everyone else is doing it, what's taking YOU so long? Or, more specifically, everyone else is A.getting married or B.having babies... and you're next! (And I mean this in the best sense. I love being married!) Interestingly, although I've realized for a long time how marriage-happy we BYUers are (especially some bishops, I've noticed. I think some of them think that their success as a bishop is determined by how many of their ward members get married) I've only recently realized how baby-happy we are. All I'm saying is... half my ward is pregnant. At least.

And just because I know someone is wondering, no, this doesn't mean I'm pregnant (Although the other night I did have a dream that I had a baby and he was stinkin' cute.)

1 comment:

The Meyers said...

Haha, I'm going through the same phase right now. I suddenly realized the other day that TONS of our close friends and cousins are all having babies or just had a baby! And the list just keeps growing. And most of them have been married for less time than us. Lol, I guess it's the thing to do.