Sunday, December 6, 2009

Early morning ponderings

Ok so In'n'Out just came to Provo. I've never been there before, but personally, I think that all the crazy hype is just a little ridiculous. Matthew and I drove past it today, and even after a few weeks after opening, there was a HUGE line through the drive through. SO long! And they had workers going from car to car taking people's orders to speed up the process. Really, is it that good? I doubt it. It's just a burger joint. With good burgers, yes, but still... burger joint. I have decided to dislike it on principal.

I just took the GRE. I was pleasantly surprised at a decent score, despite feeling like I didn't know that much, and doing almost no test preparation (2 hours? 3 hours maybe?). I also thought that the rules at the testing center were pretty stringent. I couldn't have anything in my pockets when I went into the testing room, and if I wore a hoodie or something in, I had to keep wearing it, I couldn't ever take it off. I feel like I did very well on my two essays I had to write.

This week has been so crazy. Before Thanksgiving break I felt like oh yeah, there's a bunch of stuff due now, but after Thanksgiving it will be smooth sailing. Not so. Came back and realized oh yeah, there's actually so much left. Lots of big projects and final papers.

I think it might be a good idea to invest in a humidifier. It is dry! I am going through chapstick at epic proportions. My clothes are all clinging to me. My hair is flying everywhere. I keep getting shocked when I kiss Matthew. And I can see sparks when I move blankets and clothes around.

I really enjoy reading cookbooks. I don't usually have the time or the money (for special ingredients) to make a ton of stuff, but I love food, so I love oohing and ahing over recipes. Cookbooks with plentiful amounts of pictures are far superior to cookbooks with just a smattering of images.

No comments: