Saturday, February 14, 2009

Where is the love?

Valentine's Day. I think its great, whether or not there's a boy to spent it with. I don't think its cliche, nor do I think its single's awareness day.

Ok so I've heard the argument that V-day is cliche (hey that rhymed!) because its associated with flowers, chocolate, hearts, have a date. I've also heard the argument that V-day is stupid because you should show your love for people all the time. That's a silly conclusion. You should show your love for people all the time. But v-day is just a special day to really show people you love them. It's like how on Fridays people go out and have fun. Or on Sundays people go to church. On holidays people don't go to work. You sleep during the night. You usually eat lunch around noon. Same idea here. Your WHOLE LIFE could be considered cliche. Coming back to valentine's day... I always love people. This is just an extra opportunity to show it. The flowers and chocolate and stuff is just supplementary, and why the heck not? Flowers and pretty, and who doesn't love chocolate? I will say that some of it does go overboard...echoing some of Christina's words: if you give me a big pink teddy bear, I will promptly decapitate it and give it back.

Ok along the same lines, v-day is not singles awareness day. At least me, it's just about loving people. As in my roommates, my friends, my family, significant other, you know, everyone. Cmon, there's plenty of love to go around.

Yup. Valentine's day is about being happy, and spreading the love. It's great.



No comments: