Saturday, February 21, 2009

Nathan

I absolutely love my little brother, and since yesterday was his birthday, I am devoting this post to him.

For anyone who is unaware of my family situation, I actually have 5 brothers, all younger, no sisters. They are all actually freakin awesome.

But the one who's birthday was yesterday, his name is Nathan, and he is now 3 years old, as of February 20th.

Yeah, so I'm 20 (and 1/2) and Nathan is 3. He was born my senior year of high school. I am 17-1/2 years older than him. When he's graduating from high school, I'll be 35 ish. So wieeerrdd. He'll never have any memory of me living at home. He probably won't have any memory of me coming home from college. The only way he'll know me is as an older person with kids. (Assuming I get married....)

I know that there are a lot of families, especially mormon ones, that have a large age gap between kids like that. I don't think its really gonna be a problem in our brother-sister relationship. Right now, Nathan absolutely loves me. Does that sound egotistical (is that even a word?)? Its not, I promise, its just the truth.

When I'm home for a break or whatever, Nathan is like my little shadow. He'll follow me around everywhere. He'll open the door to my room, and drag in his toys, or just climb up on my bed with me. When I come home, he runs up to me and jumps in my arms to give me a hug. When I'm doing something, he comes and tries to help me. Maaaaany times a day he'll just turn to me and say steph! hi! good! If he's sad, he'll let me hold him. If someone else is holding him, and I try to take him, he always comes to me. Ok this one maybe isn't that nice... cuz sometimes my other brothers will be trying to hold him or whatever, and if I hold out my arms, Nathan will stretch towards me... and my other brothers are like hey we want to hold him! Anyway. Point being, Nathan is so ridiculously cute I can't help it, especially since I don't live at home anymore, I DESERVE a monopoly. Right? hmmm.

Either way, Nathan is adorable, aaaand I basically love his guts.



29 Aug 2007



April 2008



Yes we have a tree swing.



June 2008. awwww.

No comments: